Have you already made your choice for the 0w-30 viscosity motor oils? Synthetic motor oils are the best for cars in their industry. They’re great at handling extreme temperatures while maintaining a high viscosity level, throughout the life of your car’s engine.
In this article, we’ve selected the most popular 0w-30 viscosity oils for you and looked at how to choose the right oil for your car.
The Best 0w-30 Motor Oils
The 0w30 viscosity motor oil is one of the most common SAE oils and is suitable for most engines in modern cars inhabiting the United States. We have compiled a list of the top 5 most popular 0w-30 viscosity oils.
Synthetic 0w-30 Motor Oil
Engine oil 0w-30 provides lubrication for all moving internal engine parts, covering them with a protective film, protecting engine parts from dirt, harmful deposits, and corrosion. We created this 0w-30 oil guide to help you choose the right engine oil for your vehicle.
0w-30 motor oil can be divided into four categories: synthetic oil, synthetic blends, high mileage oil, and conventional oil.
For new cars, it is better to use fully synthetic motor oil. For high mileage cars, use 0w-30 high mileage oil and conventional oil.
Top 5 Motor Oils 0w-30
Castrol Edge Advanced Full Synthetic Oil 0W-30
Castrol Edge Advanced Full Synthetic Oil 0W-30 engine oil provides excellent engine protection compared to conventional and synthetic blend oils.
API: SL / CF
ACEA: A3/B3, A3/B4
MB-Approval 229.3 / 229.5, VW 502 00 / 505 00
Motul 8100 Eco-Clean 0W-30 Oil
Motul 8100 Eco-Clean motor oil is a 100 percent synthetic high performance fuel economy engine oil, specially designed for OEMs requiring low friction, low HTHS and low SAPS oils.
Ford WSS-M2C950-A, JAGUAR LAND ROVER STJLR.03.5007, CHRYSLER MS-13340 / MS-90047, FIAT 9.55535-GS1 / DS1
Pennzoil Maximum Power Full Synthetic Oil 0W-30
Pennzoil Maximum Power Full Synthetic automotive synthetic motor oil is excellent for protecting engines that must operate at extreme temperatures.
Chrysler MS 6395
RAVENOL SSO 0W-30
USVO (Ultra Strong Viscosity Oil) PAO (Polyalphaolefin) based synthetic low friction automotive engine oil exceeds manufacturers’ expectations of performance over the extended oil change interval in the vehicle engine.
Volvo VCC 95200356, BMW Longlife-98, Mercedes-Benz MB 229.5, Renault RN0700, RN0710, VW 502 00 / 505 00 / 503 01, GM-LL-A-025, GM-LL-B-025, BMW Longlife-01
Liqui Moly Special Tec LR 0W-30
The engine oil is excellent for saving fuel and reducing pollutant emissions from your vehicle. Provides high engine lubrication reliability and great shear strength.
Jaguar / Land Rover STJLR.51.5122
All our reviews are based only on expert assessments or practical experience with most of the oils we consider. We aim to ensure that our management is independent.
Which engine oil 0w-30 should I choose for my car?
- Choose engine oil 0w-30 according to the manufacturer’s recommendations (must be listed in your vehicle’s service book)
- Use the engine oil 0w-30 that is already in your vehicle’s engine (this information must be in the service book)
- Choose oil according to the recommendations of the engine oil 0w-30 manufacturer by selecting the make of vehicle on this site
How to choose engine oil 0w-30:
In order to choose the right engine oil for your car, you need to study the manual of your car and find in it the requirements for the applied engine oil. Pay attention to the viscosity, specifications, and tolerances of car manufacturers.
For each engine oil in this article, we have indicated the specifications and tolerances of car manufacturers, thanks to which it will be very easy to choose an oil for your car.
If the information on tolerances or specifications is not available to you for some reason, select the oil selection menu by car make and model. We have selected the best motor oils for all popular cars.
Engine oil 0w-30 types:
There are three main types of motor oil: mineral, semi-synthetic, and fully synthetic oils.
- Mineral oil is the least refined type of motor oil, which provides the least engine protection, is less productive, and less economical.
- This means that such oils cost much less than other types of oil.
- Semi-synthetic oils are a mixture of synthetic and mineral oils that provide more performance than mineral oils, but cost much less than synthetic oils.
- Fully synthetic oil is the most refined type of oil and at the same time the most expensive type of motor oil. Synthetic motor oils provide maximum protection and economy for a car’s engine.
Engine oil viscosity:
The viscosity grade of engine oil is determined by the requirements of the international SAE standard. For each type of engine, you must use oil with the optimum viscosity, which depends on the design and age of the engine, its mode of operation, and ambient temperature.
- The first number before the letter “W” indicates the oil’s viscosity at low temperatures. The lower the number, the more fluid the oil is, and the better it flows at low starting temperatures.
- The second number refers to the flowability of the oil at high temperatures. This oil is thicker and better suited to protect the engine at high temperatures.
Engine designs are designed for medium and low viscosity oils. For new engine types, 0W-30 oils are recommended. As the engine ages, the choice of oil shifts toward a higher viscosity.
Engine oil standards:
- The American API standards provide for two groups of classes for vehicles: S for gasoline engines, C for diesel engines (API: SA, SB, SC, SD, SE, SF, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM, SN, SN Plus, SA, CB, CC, CD, CD, CE, CF, CF-4, CF-2, CG-4, CH-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus, CJ-4).
- The European ACEA standard uses four groups: A for gasoline engines, B for diesel engines, C for engines with catalytic converters, and E for heavy diesel engines. ACEA: A1, A2, A3, A5, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, C2, C3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7.
- Asian ILSAC standards: GF-1, GF-2, GF-3, GF-4, GF-5, IGF-6 define quality standards of oil for gasoline engines of passenger cars.
The best motor oil brand:
Oilap information magazine
We conduct product comparison tests, choose the best for you to make the choice of oils and lubricants as easy and convenient as possible.
We study customer experience, product reviews, choose what you are most interested in for the test.
We test the motor oil, determine how its characteristics correspond to the manufacturer’s information.
Prepare for your guides with product reviews, to make choosing engine oil easier.